2019 Spring Speaker Handouts
Wednesday, April 24, 2019
- Keynote - Teepa Snow
"Using a Positive Approach to Dementia Care"
Handouts are intended for personal use only. Any copyrighted materials or DVD content from Positive Approach, LLC (Teepa Snow) may be used for personal educational purposes only. This material may not be copied, sold or commercially exploited, and shall be used solely by the requesting individual.
- "The Future of Long-Term Care in Pennsylvania and America"
- "What to do when the Investigator Knocks"
- "Department of Health Update"
- "Labor and Employment Legislation & Regulations 2019 - What to Expect and How to Manage"
- "Playing Hide and Seek with PDPM Components"
Thursday, April 25, 2019
- "New Regulations, New Challenges"
- "Understanding the Impact of the Expanded Criminal Offenses for Neglect and Abuse of Care-Dependent Persons Under Act 53 of 2018"
- "2019 Long-Term Care Provider State and Federal Legal Update"2019 Long-Term Care Provider State and Federal Legal Update"
- "Handbook for Humanity: Taking Care of the Caregiver"
- "Quantity, Quality, and Advocacy to Support the Direct Care Workforce Crisis"
- "Tools for Managing an Effective Housekeeping, Laundry, and Dietary Program"
- "Millennials: The Emerging Generation of Caregivers"
- "Falls Management in the Dementia Population: An Interdisciplinary Approach"
Friday, April 26, 2019
- "Handling the Problem Employee"
- "The Opioid Crisis and Treating Pain"
- "Is your Facility Secure? Creating and Maintaining a Secure Environment"
- "Documentation Requirements for PDPM"
- Office of Long-Term Living/Fiscal Officers Group Meeting"